Business / Construction / Truss: An engineered and manufactured roof support member with 'zig-zag' framing members. Does the same job as a rafter but is designed to have a longer span than a rafter.

Stack (Trusses)

Business / Construction / Stack (Trusses): To position trusses on the walls in their correct location. MORE


Business / Construction / Fascia: Horizontal boards attached to rafter/truss ends at the eaves and along gables. Roof drain gutters are attached to the fascia. MORE

Top Chord

Business / Construction / Top Chord: The upper or top member of a truss. MORE

Deck, Decked

Business / Construction / Deck, Decked: To install the plywood or wafer board sheeting on the floor joists, rafters, or trusses. MORE


Business / Construction / Framer: The carpenter contractor that installs the lumber and erects the frame, flooring system, interior walls, backing, trusses, rafters, decking, installs all beams, stairs, soffits and all work related to MORE


Business / Construction / Gusset: A flat wood, plywood, or similar type member used to provide a connection at the intersection of wood members. Most commonly used at joints of wood trusses. They are fastened by nails, screws, bolts, MORE